Daytime Running Lights DRL's

bronze93

I need to wire in some drl's. I got a $60 ticket for not having headlights on. I found a 96 grand prix with it installed in the junkyard. What wiring am I going to need to do this?Are all the connectors under the dash like for the hud and dic? Any help is appreciated and yes I do want to install it and no I'm not that lazy to turn the switch just forgetfull. I just want to keep from getting anymore tickets.

Thanks

It was a nice sunny day and I was not in a construction zone. It was a 2 lane stretch of road they deemed as a mandatory headlight use zone. Why do people install a hud when they can look at the instrument panel, why do people install keyless entry when they can use the key to unlock the door and trunk, and why do people install an autodimming mirror when they can flip the switch to dim the view? The answer to all these questions because they are convenience items and they can. So that being said would anyone like to help me figure out how to wire in the drl's on my car? It came as an option so I wouldn't think it would be to hard. As always any help is greatly appreciated and please quit telling me to use the switch to turn on my lights.

Thanks

Not meant to be an attitude. Sorry if you took it that way but I just don't understand why someone would tell me to turn the switch on. I just want to install drls.

I agree with you and did last night as well, just too late to post. I don't think that you should apoligize for anything.

People, if you read the post there's no whinning in it and the guy never claims injustice, etc. Also 80% of the time that anyone wants to do anything to their car here, it's just for the helluvit, rather than criticizing the guy's motives, and ripping on him for being stupid, why not just help or something??

I'm not sure how your laws work, but DRL's do NOT turn on tails which still may have been required.

I can't help you with the DRL's, and I'm hoping that someone does, if you want it / you're really worried about this.

My suggestion is in the meantime, just put a small piece of black tape over the light sensor in your dash, that way it's always night, your lights are on, and then when you turn the car off, the lights automatically turn off. I know that's not the help that you're looking for, but it is an option.

The solution may be something as simple as wiring in a relay so when the ignition is on it turns on your low beams. I don't know the wiring off the top of my head but a cheap 12v/30amp relay should be more then enough to do the task then tap a wire from the ignition switch on the steering column that puts power to whatever the headlamp position is on your headlamp switch, you may be able to get just the low beams, and maybe lowbeam/park/tail lamps.

the wiring should be pretty easy to look up if you search around for car alarm install diagrams.

All you should need is a relay to turn the lights on when the key is turned on. 2 relays if you want the parking lights on to. I've done this for a few customers at work.