Instrument Cluster

kevkwas

Hello, I just inherited a 2004 GMC sierra and I can't tell what gear I am in. Checked with dealer he said I need a new Cluster $600.00 later. Is there anyway to fix this? I live in Saskatoon, Sask. Canada.

Thanks for any info.

Kevin

I went through this same issue of a blank PRNDL display. I think yours being an 04 is slightly different than my 99-02 style. Yours has two separate LCD displays for PRNDL and odometer correct? I know on my single, combined display on my 99 2500 (newer-ish body style), I tore the cluster apart and found one of the twenty or so pins soldered to the LCD display to have broken and burnt a little. I simply reflowed the solder, and it has worked like a champ since I fixed it about 2 years ago. Saved my self the hundreds or so dollars to get a new one or have someone in China do the same fix.

I went through this same issue of a blank PRNDL display. I think yours being an 04 is slightly different than my 99-02 style. Yours has two separate LCD displays for PRNDL and odometer correct? I know on my single, combined display on my 99 2500 (newer-ish body style), I tore the cluster apart and found one of the twenty or so pins soldered to the LCD display to have broken and burnt a little. I simply reflowed the solder, and it has worked like a champ since I fixed it about 2 years ago. Saved my self the hundreds or so dollars to get a new one or have someone in China do the same fix.

Thanks for the reply's, yea it does have separate PRNDL and Odometer as I can read how many miles are on the truck. Is it hard to take the cluster out? :) I live in Saskatoon, Canada can't seem to find one that ships to canada.