turn signal switch bypass

anton74

It seems that my turn signal switch is gone. I want to bypass it completely and mount a toggle switch for the turn signals. The new TSS is pretty expensive here and I can't find the required tools (steering column puller). Also, I don't want to pay anybody for this job; the car is quite old (1995 GP SE) and it does not worth it. Is it possible to bypass the TSS? Where can I find the diagram of the TSS harness?

Thanks,

Anton.

It seems that my turn signal switch is gone.

GONE or BROKEN?

I want to bypass it completely and mount a toggle switch for the turn signals.

Bad idea.

The new TSS is pretty expensive here and I can't find the required tools (steering column puller).

Where is "here"?

Is it possible to bypass the TSS?

Anything is possible. Doesn't make it a good idea.

Where can I find the diagram of the TSS harness?

GM factory service manual for your vehicle.

try a refurb. its free and the only weird tool you need is a steering wheel puller. Just pull the wheel off, take the switch off, take the 2 halves apart, clean/scuff contacts bend the fingers down to press harder and reassemble. Worked for me!

try a refurb. its free and the only weird tool you need is a steering wheel puller. Just pull the wheel off, take the switch off, take the 2 halves apart, clean/scuff contacts bend the fingers down to press harder and reassemble. Worked for me!

If you can source the tools necessary and want to try the "free" method to repair the TSS, check out this link: http://tss.likeabigdog.com/

You could get a trusted member here to acquire a good switch and ship it to you...

You do need a lock plate remover and a steering wheel puller... both can be had for cheap enough....

instructions:

http://tss.likeabigdog.com/

(D'oh! didn't see it was posted already)

Edited by Crazy K

Thank you guys for your comments.

I have seen different switches on ebay, and I am not sure which one to order. There are switches for cars with/without cruise control and steering wheel radio controls. My car has both the cruise and steering wheel radio controls but the latter are not used since I have an aftermarket radio. Which part number will fit my car?

Anton.