Found this car sitting in the back of a mechanic's shop...I WANT IT!

supertrick_05

I was driving with my girlfriend through South Superior, WI and she noticed a white GP and said it looked like the one I was looking at about a month ago (which it wasn't, BTW...that car was a 1995), so I whipped around and drove behind this shop. To my surprise, it wasn't the same car...it was different...much different. It was a 1992 Grand Prix "Richard Petty" edition in white with the 3.4/284 combo! The car looks to be in VERY good condition, meaning no major rust or body damage, and the interior was pretty clean as well, besides the white-painted heater vents...damn stupid high-schoolers. Anyways, I snapped a few pictures, and noticed the door was unlocked (I know, its a bad thing to do, but I was super interested in the miles), so I opened the door, took a few more pics and the odometer said "124,481"...SWEET! That's the lowest-mileage 91-93 GP I've ever seen before, and in this good of condition! There was a sticker in the driver's side rear window and it looked like it was for sale at one time, but the price was $6K! All of the tires were flat I think, and the 3rd brake light on the spoiler was gone, but other than that, the car was in damn good shape! I really wanted to look under the hood, but that was pushing it. I'm going to go to the place on Monday and ask about it to get more info. Here's the pics I took. Enjoy!

mms_picture13-2.jpg

mms_picture14-2.jpg

mms_picture15-2.jpg

mms_picture16-2.jpg

mms_picture17-1.jpg

mms_picture18-1.jpg

mms_picture19-1.jpg

mms_picture20-1.jpg

I think I'll go back tomorrow when the sun is out and look at it a bit closer, maybe snap some more pics. I'd really love this car, but I'd be afraid it would treat me just like my last 3.4/284 car did...a lot of repair bills that wouldn't fix the problems.

Pretty much. It was just an added bonus that the car was a Petty edition. I guess there were 1000 made in 92. 333 were in Blue, 333 in white, and 333 in red. And one was for Richard Petty himself, color unknown to me. It's cool that they are rare cars, but there are no special parts or anything. Like said above, it was just a decal and wheel package. The crosslace wheels were painted body color, but the face of them were machined, as well as the lip of the wheels. Here's an example:

post-4427-143689063797_thumb.jpg

Also, I found it strange that it didn't have HUD or the DIC. But without the DIC, it does give me a good place to custom-mount my Garmin unit. Those DIC's were crappy anyways. They'd always get out of whack and do nothing but beep at you and tell you to re-calibrate it. Damn things. LoL

DICs need calibrated? :willy_nilly:

yep. nobody ever looks at them though. you might as well hog out the opening and stick a GPS in there. or carputer.

I SO WANT!!! I might really consider trying to find a white 91-93 B4U GTP again in the near future...

Are you fucking high?! get yours up and going and enjoy it and stop looking to buy verts and other cars!!! LOL

$6k ? :smilielol:

I think that right there explains why its been sitting there long enough for the tires to go flat.

I'd much rather have that TA you have then a sticker package gp. Plus you've spent a large deal of time telling us how much you hate the 3.4 so why you'd buy another I'm not sure.

If it's worth 6k to you and you want it bad enough I say go for it. You might get blasted by someone for it but fuck em. You have a car you like. :thumbsup:

If it's worth 6k to you and you want it bad enough I say go for it. You might get blasted by someone for it but fuck em. You have a car you like. :thumbsup:

if you had 20-30 million in the bank i can see your logic... But um. he is needing to sell a car to buy another = Bad idea to pay 5 times what something is worth.

• 2 months later...

Wow, thread revival! The car is still sitting there. I have not gone over there and inquired on it, but it still intrigues me. The $6K price was from a while ago...like years ago. I'd be curious to see what he'd want for it...if he's even interested in selling. I would think if it were cleaned up nice, it'd probably bring between $2-3K? There was a note on the paper in the window saying that 3rd gear was going out or something...so might be worth a lot less for lack of replacement trans parts.