What is the name of the hose on my 2004 Grand Prix GT?

04PGPGT

I own a 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GT 3800 6 cylinder engine. I noticed after exiting my car one day that there was a sudden soft burst/ poof sound that came from beneath my hood associated with steam followed by red orange in color fluid non-oily flowing from beneath my car. I was not sure what had happen or even where the fluid came from even after looking under my hood for hours so I decided to poor water into my radiator and that same water that I poured exited from the hose that burst which is located sort of attached to my alternator. where the alternator sits there is a small block right under it and then another block under there with the hose coming out of it (attached not loose). My problem is that I do not know what the name of the hose is are where the other end attaches. I have not driven my car since so I am unsure if it'll run hot if I tried. My air cools as normal but I am not so sure about my heat unless I did not sit in my car long enough with the heat on; it seems as if the heat blows cool air as well.

What is the name of the hose and how can I replace it?

The hose is small no way near as large as the radiator hose.

PLEASE HELP!

post-6077-143689063528_thumb.jpg

post-6077-143689063537_thumb.jpg

post-6077-143689063544_thumb.jpg

Its a coolant elbow and they are known for breaking... You will have to pull your lower intake to replace it... The part is cheap since you can buy it at any parts store in the HELP section... However since you just lost your coolant, I would not drive it far

Correct me if I'm wrong......but can't you just replace that by taking the alternator bracket off and replacing the Elbows that way? I mean, it would be killing two birds with one stone doing it by taking the LIM out if the car has never hd LIM gaskets done before.

He wouldn't necessarily need to worry about the LIM anyway, since the 04+ 3800's got the new gasket as far as I know.

That still go bad. Yes, really. Truly a tragedy. Went bad on both the 05 and my current 04

It's not bad, but unless you know your LIM gaskets are bad, I'd pull the alternator and tensioner, it's alot easier and quicker. I had no problem doing that method on my 96 PA, and that was with the supercharger snout in the way. The only problem with mine was the power steering seeped and everything was covered in black gunk. Watch for the EGR leak on the na series II's, I just replaced mine.

The biggest problem on this job is when each end break off in the tensioner and intake. They like tpo break right where the o-ring is recessed into the elbow an the plastic is thinner. You need a god quality pick and they'll cnme right out. I bought some Napa picks and they all bent, I ended up bringing my pick from work home with me and they came right out. Screwdriver will work too, but takes longer.

Edited by w-bodys_are_the_best