Factory RKE Pinout

AliasCT

Hey,

I'm trying to install a factory RKE from a 1996 Cutlass Supreme into my 1993 GP. My GP didn't come with any RKE from the factory, so there isn't any pre-wiring for this thing.

Here's my question; what's the pinout of the 96 RKE module? It has two plugs feeding into it. I'm planning on throwing it under the dash and wiring it up under the steering column, but I *REALLY* don't want to guess as to what colors do what. Anyone done this before and have any good information?

Thanks

I actually did go with an aftermarket keyless entry system a couple months ago, and I've hated it. I probably would have liked it better if I had shelled out for the Viper... I like the OEM key fobs better anyhow.

I've heard that these RKE units have a tendancy to fail. Is that just the prior gen RKE units (with only one plug)? I took this thing apart and it looked really clean, so I'm pretty hopeful. There are multiple black/white wires so I guess I'll ground them one at a time and see which one starts the programming sequence! lol

So what makes the 2-plug variety better?

Got the bulk of it installed. I now have 4dr lock/unlock and trunk pop working! I wasn't sure where I should wire up the transaxle switch wire (the light green one) so I just wired it up to 12v constant. I don't think I'll be popping the trunk while I'm driving. Questions about the remaining wires though...

The tan wire is driver door unlock; any ideas on which wire it goes to? Is it in the kick panel?

There are two black/white wires! I figured out which one was the programming wire, and the diagram shows that it connects up to the trunk lid mechanism somehow... But how!? I already have trunk pop working. If nobody has any idea where it goes, I'm going to keep it trimmed.

The diagram lists a dark blue wire that controls the interior illumination, it's supposed to provide ground. The closest wire I've got is a dark green that provides half a volt whenever I hit the lock/unlock. I may just end up putting a relay on it to ground out the interior light wire.

nope!

I added RKE to my 92' z using a 94' (single) plug box and wiring.

to hook up the progressive door unlocking there should be a thicker gauge tan wire running to the driver door, remove that and replace it with the tan one from the RKE box

Go figure. Guess I'll have to add my own autolock! :-D

I also answered my own question about the black/white trunk wire. It goes to the trunk release switch, but I don't think I'll bother wiring it in. I also wired up the transaxle switch wire to the right wire; it's a light green / black wire come out of the C200 box (the huge mess of wires near the passenger side kick-panel); 4B if anyone was interested. I'm going to use the 12v signal for my custom autolock though lol.

Of course, part of this project was to reduce the amount of wires running to this box... I guess adding autolock defeats that!