99 lumina billet column shifter

oddjob99

I would like to change out my column shifter from the stock black to a billet shifter. I was thinking that one from the S-10 would work. I would just need to find one the same length. Anyone ever done this?

Looks like a simple pin that holds the stock shifter in. No O/D button to mess with. I would just have to remove the pin and insert the new shifter shaft into place and replace the pin. Thats if the S-10 shifter is bends and length are the same.

Any one see any issues with my idea?

no clue if it would work, but yes, the shifter removes with just a pin.

FYI, a 94 CS and a 95 CS with column shift have different shift levers (at least the ones i toyed with did) and the 95 knob was much more modern and refined (ie a stong graceful curve) than the funky zig zag of the 94(which came too close to the keys???), so i popped a 95 shifter into the car and problem solved. Of course..... the problem of having a column shifter was next solved by converting the car to have a floor shifter some time later....

that said, you should maybe try a j/y shifter of the same type and shape as the billet one to make sure it is ergonomically correct for your situation...