Power Window Question

Bake82

88 Cutlass does not have a motor in it right now, however the driver's side window is partially down. I NEED it to go up w/o the motor in the car. I was thinking I could simply hook up the main engine bay wiring harness to a battery and turn key it should work. I was hoping I could also maybe get a battery and some leads hooked up to the connectors in the doors to get some power to the switch and window motor.

Anybody ever done this before? Need window to go up by Thursday as car is being trailered 5 hours to get an L67 swap completed.

You can hook up the main harness but you need to watch for "live" wires. Starter, alternator and such.

Or if you know the power and ground color wires at your switch, you could tap into those with a battery.

Pull the door panel, find the window motor plug and un plug it. Connect the motor to 12V. It will go up or down. If it goes the wrong way, swap the wires. Done:biggrin:

Pull the door panel, find the window motor plug and un plug it. Connect the motor to 12V. It will go up or down. If it goes the wrong way, swap the wires. Done:biggrin:

Cool. will do that!