Inside and Outside door handles don't work

gpchris

I had a door on my old Lumina the outside door handle got out of adjustment and it was pulling on the latch just slightly at all times so the door was unable to be unlocked as you can't unlock a door when the handle is being pulled. I had to break off the outside door handle and pulled on the rod to get it open.

I tried fucking with it but no go. Outside handle feels weird, inside handle feels weird. Ive tried everything I can think of but it won't open.. Any ideas? It's driving me crazy.

I remember this happened on my old TGP. I remember being able to pry the door panel off as best I could with the door shut. I was able to finally get into the door rods and play with them. I can't remember exactly what I did but I know it's possible to be done. Have to get any pieces of the door panel off that you can. You may be SOL and have to break apart the door panel or door handle to get into the rods but hopefully you have skinny arms and can get into it.

I got it open earlier in the week. It was fine for days but then today it stuck again. I think it was because i locked it manually from the button inside. Doesnt seem to stick when i use the power locks.. Whats up with that? Have any ideas guys?

Lock solenoid? The actuator? It seems to be working correctly. Weird thing is it opens fine until i use the key or button to unlock/lock it. If i do that both door handles feel completely loose. I have to go under the door panel and manually unlatch it and after i pop the door open that way the door handles work again. Basically i have to use my keyless entry or the door handles will go dead. Im so confused. All the rods seem to be connected, nothing looks bent or broken. I ordered a new latch assembly. Maybe i should replace the actuator while im in there?

Alright i got my new latch today. I went to put it in and discovered the one i ordered was for a second gen *face palm*.. So i need help finding one for my gen1 asap! My door is currently being bungied...

Pm'd thanks man, I am so frustrated with this damn door. Tonight i drilled out all the rivets holding the assembly in then rushed to the hardware store to get bolts just to find out it was a gen2 latch.. Ugh. Im going to the dealer tomorrow, if they even have it ill probably buy it. I just hope its not over $100.