Intrigue GLS Gentex Mirror not working??

RZB1992

I just picked up a 99 Intrigue GLS Gentex mirror from a j/y. (has the led map lights, and built in compass - seems like it's only one line of info, but could also display temp). I plugged it in to my 01 Intrigue, which has the same exact wiring, and the led map lights work as they're supposed to, but the compass/temp screen will not light up. Anyone have any ideas?

Are there 3 buttons on the bottom?

yes, there's the power button,?, in the middle, and the two light buttons on either side of the power button. The screen for the compass is only a single line's worth - (can only display one row of digits.

here is wiring diagram for 99 Intrigue mirror

Thanks... I'm not too good with wiring, but where it connects to an HVAC fuse, could that mean that it gets its temperature reading from the HVAC controls? I know the GLSs had the dual climate control that showed the outside temp, but I have a GX with the manual HVAC controls.

My car has all the same colored wires, and the pigtail is identical to the one in the car I got the mirror from.

• 8 months later...