Tony Stewart edition questions

W30post

Guys, it has been a while since I have been on this board. I have just been maintaining the Monte and working so nothing fun has happened.

I ran into a guy with a Tony Stewart edition Monte SS, 04/05 year model. His car had seen a lot tougher miles than mine had but it was some of the things that he claimed that got me thinking B.S.!

His claims, the motor was making 10 PSI boost. Mine never makes over around 6.5 lbs. He lifted the hood and the factory part number pulley was on the supercharger, I checked it to mine with him right there. He claimed he could outrun the Charger R/T cars like it was nothing. I raced one a couple months ago and it drove away from me like I was nothing. He claimed he has seen 125 MPH on the Talladega speedway. I thought the speed limiter was lower but he could be right on that. These things raise the BS flag and I just wondered if you guys had ever read anything about the Tony Stewart edition and could school me. Is it programming? Can you really get more boost out of the factory pulley somehow?

FWIW, I did make a pass on an 1/8 mile drag strip last year (I got video to prove it). I pulled a 9.59 at 72 MPH on a bone stock car without being tuned up. Only mod is a drop in K/N and the silencer removed from the box. Factory and I mean factory plugs were still in it.