PRE-GEN OWNER (93/00) - HELP W/ PURCHASE AND INFO ON 04 GTP

GP4U2NV

Background:

I work at a dealerhsip. I have customer that is more anal-retentive than I am about his GP (at least i think). I have been dealing with him for a year or so. He has no problem doing any maintence or repair( or paying for it). Mostly he cares about the body. Has had many paint work "touch ups" done in our body shop. No wrecks just faded paint ect.

He has a 2004 GTP Special Edition (only one i have ever seen). Basicly a GTP base with a daytona-esk hood vents. Pretty low options, no leather, base radio. Has hud and sunroof.

The car is driven long distance. Across multiple states (ie Ohio to Texas) once a month. Has 136k on it. Car began running poor yesterday with a SES light flashing. Thought to be a converter. Diag found, that there is miss fires on 1 & 2. Check out found low compression on cylinder 2 (almost none), cylinder 1 has comepression. Not thought to be back pressure issue.

Diag included, swaping wires, coils and injectors. Hense no failures except the compression on cylinder 2.

This is a series 3 engine with a GEN V. I dont really know much about them. I am thinking of purchasing the vehicle. It has high miles but is in good shape (looking) has new brakes and tires.

THE QUESTIONS:

1) What is so special about this special edition?

2) What is this car worth (in running condition and in current conditions)

3) What would you purchase it for assuming a worse case condition (needs engine)?

4) What could be the failure?

(i know rings, head etc but is there something common or seen?)

Could also be a bent valve... could be backfiring into the intake causing the cyl. 1 misfire... But nowadays its almost cheaper to replace the motor than it is to fix something like a compression issue... I do not however know the value of it due to never seeing a special edition of that generation before... I would think in the 1500-2500 range for its current condition would be acceptable

From what I can find, it was a pretty rare option, ie: 105 made in Blue, and there were 4 colors available for the SE.

these were a special option B2E on the RPO code. What color is yours, there were only 4 colors available. There were only 105 Cars made in the Superior Blue, and the car you see in the pics is the ONLY one exactly like it with the options

the Paint is Superior Blue and is only available on the SE car ( no other 04+ got this color paint

Matching Front and rear valances

SPO color matched grills

SPO tips

SPO (GXP) Spoiler

Heat extractor hood vents

Door seals

special edition floor mats

Flangless wheels ( Special edition package only)

If nothing else is wrong with the car, engines are fairly cheap and would probably be worth it if ya got the car for a good price. He might know this too though if he takes such good care of the car, and might not let it go for very cheap.