threepointone

I use Valvoline or Mobile 1 synthetics, 5w-30 in my Silverado and I change that whenever the truck tells me to, wich works out to be every 4,000 miles.

The Century however has seen about every kind of conventional, blended, and "High Mileage" oil there is in both 5w-30 and 10w-30 varieties. I wait for the Oil life monitor to flash the "Change Oil Soon" light wich is always between 3000 -3500 miles.

Honestly I think my favorite brand is quickly becoming Valvoline (again). I have flirted with every brand and cheated a lot with Castrol and Quaker, but in the end I prefer Valvoline.

I run 10w-30 during the summer months too as it seems to help reduce the valve train noise when cold. Well, not really reduce the noise as much as it quiets down a little faster with 10-30, however that may just be my perception. As far as the "clacking valvetrain"... I thought they all had that? Every 3100, and 3400 late series 60º V6 I have ever listened to does it, heck even new. If someone has one that doesn't clack, you need to give GM that engine when you are done with the car so they can put that in their museum as proof that they did buid atleast one 60º V6 that was smooth and quiet. :thumbsup:

Edited by Jssuper