Help! Window fell down into the door!

9lumina6

The driver window on my Regal kinda just fell down into the door an I can't get it back up.....Is there a way It will come back up if I take the door pannel off and just put some sort of wedge in there as a temporary fix?

Sorry I can't answer your question, but I do know this only happens during the winter :lol:

Happened to me in my 98 when it was snowing and I had only owned the car for a week.

Well car's sitting in the garage right now...(that's whre it happened) So fortunately it didnt happen on me when I was out somewhere. I'm just driving the van for now. But I think there's a 90% chance the guy that came to look at the van today will take it tomorrow....so I kinda need to at least get the window up somehow and wedge it up temporarily til I can get it fixed.

Dave & I have discovered that the window regulator is broken.........Does anybody know if a window regulator out of a 2000 Grand Prix sedan would work in a 1999 Buick Regal???? If they do....I can just pull the regulator out of the old damaged door from the GTP from the Deer accident in 2009.

In the meen time, I managed to get the window up all the way... just gottaw go tothe store and get a rubber door wedge to hold the window up fo the time being.

I looked up the part numbers for both(I checked the numbers on the front doors only - I can check the numbers for the rears if needed) and each car has different #'s, so I would assume they will not interchange.