Farewell 1996 GTP Special Edition! (Pics of TL now)

Heza

Hey all, the time has come where I found the car that I wanted to replace my GP with. So my GP will be going bye bye next week sometime.

I just picked up a 2008 Alabaster Silver Metallic Acura TL Type-S 6MT with 28k on the clock.

Can't really compare it to the GP because there's no comparison, but it's fun none-the-less.

I'll be selling off the modifications and unused parts I never got to installing probably within the next month. Anyone have a crankshaft pulley for a '94-97 3.4 DOHC? Don't think I'll let the FFP underdrive pulley get away that easy!

Ok, here are pics.... had to beat the snow storm!

p1000746q.jpg

p1000747x.jpgp1000748n.jpgp1000749l.jpg

p1000753e.jpg

i always wanted a Getrag 284 GTP, but this will make up for it ;)

Edited by Heza

I'll get pics up next week sometime. I went for a test drive on an '08 auto and fate must have stepped in because during that test drive, a guy brought in a 6MT for lease return. I inspected it myself, test drove it and purchased it on the spot.

EDIT: Pics later because car is currently going through the pre-owned certification process at Acura.

For those who don't know, the 6MT Type S is not a car found frequently! Closest one listed from Minneapolis was more than 500 miles away!

That wasn't a good choice...that was a RIDICULOUSLY GREAT choice! I love those TL's...they are one of my favorite cars. Everytime I see one, I have to stare at it. And yeah, you don't want a 284 GTP...they suck. Sure, they are fun...until the motor problems start. Then it's a struggle to keep the damn thing running. Biggest POS cars I've ever owned, which is unfortunate...they are such a powerhouse! If GM could have made the motor bulletproof like the 3800, they would be a much more desirable car. Trust me, you're not missing anything by going the TL route.