1992 Chevy Lumina 3.1L Question

schultzie09

Hey i don't post here as often as i wish i would but due to my car not running at the time and having trouble sourcing the problem I've thought about either sending it in for scrap, which around here i will only get around $150 for it, i was wondering if i would be better off trying to part it out or selling it whole i really love the car but i would like to get my truck running as i need a vehicle to get a job so i don't have any money and was going to use the money i get from the car to buy the headers for my truck.

So to shorten the question what would be best in your eyes i mean you guys know a lot on the W-Bodies.

Its a 1992 Chevy Lumina Base 3.1L

Hey i don't post here as often as i wish i would but due to my car not running at the time and having trouble sourcing the problem I've thought about either sending it in for scrap, which around here i will only get around $150 for it, i was wondering if i would be better off trying to part it out or selling it whole i really love the car but i would like to get my truck running as i need a vehicle to get a job so i don't have any money and was going to use the money i get from the car to buy the headers for my truck.

You complain about lack of money, but a priority for you is to put headers on a truck?

So to shorten the question what would be best in your eyes i mean you guys know a lot on the W-Bodies.

Its a 1992 Chevy Lumina Base 3.1L

Fix the Lumina, sell it as a running, drivable vehicle.

Leave the stock manifolds on the truck, pay off your debts or increase your savings account.

He said he needed to fix the truck; I assume that means he's fixing the headers, and not upgrading them... Unless he started modding the truck and stopped because he couldn't afford it anymore...

Seriously, though, what exactly is your question schultzie09? Fix the car or fix the truck? What's the problem with the lumina? Whats the problem with the truck?

OK the truck ran when i got it but had an exhaust leak the manifold were shot and shorty header are only like 30$ more than my manifolds are so i decided to do header upgrades instead of manifolds and that's all that is left for the truck. The lumina i don't know what is exactly wrong with it it just wouldn't start it would crank but not fire i asked my dad we went out and looked at it and I've changed plugs, wires, fuel filter, and numerous other things and we checked what we could and it all seems to be in order but we decided to change the crankshaft position sensor to see if it could be that, and my uncle came out to help me and ended up breaking the sensor off halfway in the block and we tried to get it out but have had no luck so I'm kinda stuck on it now and my dad told me to quit messing with it and scrap it. so what I'm asking is would the lumina be better to scrap, part out or try to sell as a whole.

And Schurkey not to be and A**hole but seriously my priority is to get a running vehicle not to put header on it I'm trying to save money in the long run, i lost my job, i don't have debts so i have no problem except no job which i live in Michigan there seems to be none that I'm qualified for

Lumina will probably cost a bit more than the truck to fix then...

Well at the very least you know you have to change the CPS on the Lumina (if you can get the remnants of the old one out). I'd say try and sell the engine and / or transmission, but that might be hard since you can't say it was running before it was pulled. I don't know what you would get for the rest of it, unless you have any good stuff like HUD / DIC.

If the *only* thing thats wrong with the truck is the headers, I'd say do that.

i was just worried about scraping it cause i know how much I'm going to get out of it and i know people wouldn't mind a good deal i just wasn't sure what i should do would it be wise to post in the for sale section of this forum saying i have a lumina saying will sell as whole or part out cause it doesn't have the HUD or anything special its a base model with steelie rims and its got good tires on it though the dash is good except the top piece which warped from heat