Anyone maybe interested in 2 Grand Prix GTP 5-speed cars?

supertrick_05

My brother has both of my GP's and he blew the black one up (engine crapped out...go figure). The black one is a 1992 SE with the 3.4 and 284 5-speed with 170-180,000 miles, and the blue one is a GTP (91-93...not sure what year) with the 3.4 and 284 5-speed and has about 150,xxx miles. The black car has a bad motor and good trans, and the blue car has a good motor and good tranny, but has been sitting in a field for years. The cars are located about 90 miles north of the twin cities in Minnesota. I don't know what he wants to do with the cars yet...some days he says he wants to swap the motors between the cars and drive the black one, and some days he says he wants them gone. Just kinda gauging interest to see if anyone would possibly want these cars. He WILL NOT part them out, it's either buy the whole car or not. He'd probably sell both of them together for $1000, which is super cheap...lots of damn good parts! Anyways, if there's enough interest, I'll start bugging him.

Blue car:

DSC00792.jpg

DSC00794.jpg

DSC00793.jpg

DSC00795.jpg

DSC00796.jpg

DSC00797.jpg

DSC00799.jpg

DSC00802.jpg

DSC00810.jpg

Black car:

gp4.jpg

gp5.jpg

gp6.jpg

gp7.jpg

gp8.jpg

gp20.jpg

interior4.jpg

Edited by supertrick_05

Just out of curiosity.........The GTP with the good motor and trans.....How long has it been sitting in the field? and is there any way you could post what the body looks like??? If it's not rotted and is drivable I might honestly be interested in it. Everybody and their mother knows I'm dying for a 5spd W.

It's been sitting there for at least 5 years. The body itself looks to be in good condition. The underbody is most likely a different story. I'll post pics of both of the cars.

I'm interested to know what the underbody on that one looks like..........If it's decent and he wants to get rid of it for the right price...I have no problem driving out there and towing it back.

Yeah, it would have to be towed. There is something wrong with it, but I don't remember what. It does run and the trans is good though. I'd have to wait till the snow is gone and have it towed to my dad's house or something. The weeds are pretty thick under the car so you can't really tell how bad it is.

Yeah.....not to mention how many little critters have kinda made theirselves at home in that car. What's the story with the black one??? Just needs a motor...nothing else?

5 years sitting a field in Minnesota..I wouldn't expect the underbody to be anything but gone. Too bad though :(

They both would probably make a great car though!

If you did decide to part out the blue one, I could use a great deal of the body parts for my 88 GP... I would want all of the bodywork and the whole front clip. I'm not far away, actually I will be in Duluth tomorrow...

I'll have to talk to my brother a little bit more first. He's still undecided what he wants to do with the cars. If they were still mine, they'd be gone by now.

Oh, btw...I told him whatever happens, I'm taking the rear seats out of the blue car (rear buckets). So...those will not be in the blue car for long. LoL

Can you find out exactly what happened to the black car

I asked a few posts ago if it was just a motor that it needed, but see no definate answer yet.....because LQ1s are a dime a dozon at the yards around here....I'd most likely be interested if the only thing it needed was a motor/ motor work.

I would want multiple things from the blue car if I were to do it... I dont think I could tow 2 cars at once

The hell are you talking about? You've rarely had a time when you WEREN'T doing 2+ cars lol

The black car needs a motor/motor work. My brother said there is no compression. Other than that, it drove/shifted fine when it was running. My brother said the blue car ran fine before it was parked in the field, but the inner cv shaft seal is bad. Look in the FS section for the updated thread.