Digital Speedo from 9c1/9c3 (police) Lumina in a Lumina LTZ?

98LuminaLTZ

I am trying to swap a digital speedo/gauge cluster from a 9c1/9c3 Lumina into my LTZ and there is an extra (4 or 6 pin, its not in front of me at the moment) harness coming off it, I tried hooking up just the main harness, and MOST of the cluster works, but the speedo/odo never comes on. I can't imagine what that second cable could be needed for, all the speedo wiring should be in the main harness since the original cluster works with only the one harness.

My main question would be does anyone have wiring diagrams for a 9c1/9c3 gauge cluster and for the stock Lumina cluster that I could compare to see what those extra wires could be doing that would explain why the speedo portion doesn't power up. I would think this would have to be possible somehow.

I believe there is another box that plugs into that handles decoding the speed. Search on here for install instructions.

Edit: Did it for you

http://www.w-body.com/showthread.php/46887-Lumina-Digital-Police-Cluster

Wow, thanks, I had done some searching, but I guess I was searching for the wrong terms, I never ran across that post. I kept searching 9c1 and 9c3 dash, should have just searched police dash, now I feel stupid. But glad it can be done so easily.

Wow, thanks, I had done some searching, but I guess I was searching for the wrong terms, I never ran across that post. I kept searching 9c1 and 9c3 dash, should have just searched police dash, now I feel stupid. But glad it can be done so easily.

Man I need to get in on this, Its starting to get popular