1991 CS SL RKE Issues, (I have searched)

mx5mike

Ok my new to me 1991 CS SL is having a RKE Issue. I took the spare Module that was replaced several years ago and looked everything over and cleaned the contacts on the 2 wire wrapped coils as they were coroded. I looked at all solder joints with a mag glass and all looked solid. I replaced the module in the car with the cleaned up one and the system worked great for a day and now its totaly random. somtimes it works somtimes it doesnt. Could this be a bad remote? I have disasembled the remote and cleaned the contacts and replaced the batteries.

What do you guys think? should I take the one I pulled out and clean the contacts in it and resolder it and give it a try and/or get a new remote?

BTW when my grandpa replaced the module several years ago he said it worked randomly still and finaly gave up on useing the remote and just used the key.

TIA

Retouching to liquefy would suffice, but there's nothing wrong with a complete resolder either. Just make sure you use good solder flux so it sticks to the contacts nicely.