Door Handles Broke...Cannot find decent priced new ones...

pistolpetez34

Hello,

This morning while getting my door unstuck, I ripped on the handle a bit hard, and my drivers side door stopped working. Both inside and out. Now, the handles for the passenger side busted a couple months ago, but that door still works from inside.

The mechanic told me that new handles will run me around 360 for DS, and around 240 for PS - and lets face it, as much as I love my Charlene, I wouldn't be driving her if I had that kind of doe. So can anyone please point me in the right direction as to where I could perhaps find some decently priced handles? So far I have managed to get my PS door open using some coat hanger in the handle assembly. Any advice would be appreciated, and thank you in advance for your help.

Props on naming the car.

I'm assuming that Charlene is a coupe. But you really need to tell us what kind - sorry if you sig has a pic. I can't see it. There's usually someone with a door handle out there that's good but used, or if you're lucky new and much cheaper than you were quoted.

You could try to get a handle from the junkyard. They usually run from 10-15 bucks. Try ebay for door handles, they are repops and are not always the best.

Whatever handle you buy needs to come off the same car. IE if you have a cutlass you need a handle from a cutlass.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the quick replies. Also, I for got to mention: 1992 Lumina Z34 Coupe, Auto 105k mile. From what I have been reading, this is not an uncommon problem, and right now I am kicking myself in behind for not pushing in on the door while moving the handle open. I'll go ahead and check the two sites listed above, and keep my fingers crossed. Hopefully, this is not a part that is going to be hard to track down, as I already had my share of those too. Thanks for the advice.