Vertical Coupe Door Handles - Where to buy?

gpchris

I needed one for my white car years ago and ended up buying one on ebay. It was the biggest mistake, it could never be adjusted just right and the whole thing looked cheap. It wasn't as glossy as stock and you could see excessive casting marks all over it. Plus it was significantly lighter than stock.. Where can i get one thats of quality? Anybody know a site or a specific ebay seller that sells good handles?

I just got one from rockauto for $26 plus ship.

Havent had time to put it on yet, but it looks to be better than the Motormite ones..

Either way its still Chinese crap. And OE through the dealer is around $250 each. Buy 2 and keep a spare on hand:lol:

Thanks jon. i bought the $50 dorman handle with rockauto lifetime warranty. Hopefully this one will be of quality. The one i bought on ebay was like 14 bucks though so i should have figured :P

just noticed a ton of "door handle" threads here in general :) . Anywho I got my dorman handle and it looks and functions 100x better than the ebay one. You really get what you pay for.

I guess I missed this posting....and started a new posting....Mine finally broke this morning in this ice and snow,......One question....does anyone know if the new handle will help a door that didn't like to open in the first place..OPEN?

mine has acted like maybe the hinges are so bad the door dropped and hangs.....