1994 GTP 3.4 MAP location

Red Nightmare

I do not believe it is bad but was wanting to test it the other day when my car had a cold-start issue.

So I dug around the area behind the TB and found all kinds of other neat sensors and such but no MAP.

ON the air intake tube there is a MAF close to the air box and a intake air temp sensor 1/2 way down the tube..

So I didn't seem to find one along the firewall or anywhere on the UIM.

I don't remember one on the LIM but then back when I had all that stuff pulled i wasn't really looking for it either.

Does this particular engine maybe not use one or am I stupidly overlooking it somehow?

thanks.

There's a MAP Sensor. How does the engine determine fueling while cranking? What happens if the MAF ever fails?

I think just about every car out there has a MAP sensor. Its required to determine atmospheric pressure, which is used to calculate fueling at higher altitudes, and it is requred for the VE tables to work properly.

Follow vacuum hoses and you're bound to run into it.

Edited by xtremerevolution

Vacuum module with map sensor -

Alright, that makes sense, the vacuum diagram under the hood calls it something else but this makes sense. Something about "purge canister purge valve" but MAP also makes sense.

Now being on the subject of the UIM, does anyone have a list of cuss words you are suppose to say when trying to detach the coolant hose clip right under the TB area?

There's a MAP Sensor. How does the engine determine fueling while cranking? What happens if the MAF ever fails?

I think just about every car out there has a MAP sensor. Its required to determine atmospheric pressure, which is used to calculate fueling at higher altitudes, and it is requred for the VE tables to work properly.

Follow vacuum hoses and you're bound to run into it.

Just couldn't remember. Been too long since I looked at a 3.4. Ignore my previous post please

Vacuum module with map sensor -

Now being on the subject of the UIM, does anyone have a list of cuss words you are suppose to say when trying to detach the coolant hose clip right under the TB area?

i dont remember it being too awfully hard.

The purge canister valve sits behind the plenum on the passenger's side, very close to the device you pointed out. However, checking my '95, there is a device connected to the end of the plenum as shown in the diagram, but there are no provision for electrical connectors attached to the device. It's just a vacuum block on my '95 LQ1.

The purge canister valve sits behind the plenum on the passenger's side, very close to the device you pointed out.
As I understand it, this device also serves as the MAP, like it is built in. Not exactly sure but as I understand.

However, checking my '95, there is a device connected to the end of the plenum as shown in the diagram, but there are no provision for electrical connectors attached to the device. It's just a vacuum block on my '95 LQ1.
This device provides vacuum to the fuel pressure regulator and the other hose leads to the transaxle. Or as they would say in poor english - This object gives sucking to the tranny and makes the engine have gas. Edited by Red Nightmare