Possible part-out of a 99 Buick Century

virtuetovice

Long story short, my friend Nicole just wrecked her 99 Century. Her parents looked at it and knew it was finished. They said that it would be headed to the yard and I suggested parting it out. They asked me what all people would want to buy. This is not a for-sale, I'm just getting information for them.

So I ask, what would people want off this thing IF it were to be parted out? :think:

Champagne, 3100 motor, 88k miles. The front end is pretty fucked up but the rest of the car is in great condition. I'll keep the thread updated as I found out what they wanna do.

Thanks guys!

To mods: If this isn't in the right place feel free to move it!

Compnine results:

UN6RADIO,AM/FM STEREO,CASSETTE,ETR,INCLUDES CLOCK STEREO CASSETTE(UN6)

94,929UQ3SPEAKER SYSTEM,PERFORMANCE ENHANCED AUDIO ENHANCED SPKR SYS(UQ3)

130,643U2ECLUSTER,INSTRUMENT(COOLANT TEMPERATURE,TRIP ODOM,OIL GA) GA CSTR(U2E)

132,746U77ANTENNA RR WINDOW, RADIO RR WDO ANT(U77)

112,251VH9ENVELOPE,OWNER INFORMATION MANUAL OWNER INFO MAN ENV(VH9)

67,521VK3LICENSE PLATE,FRONT MOUNTING PACKAGE FRT LIC PLT MTG PKG(VK3)

112,980VM3LABEL INFORMATION CONSUMER, CONTAINS BPR IMP STANDARD FOR FRT 5 MPH & RR 5 MPH 5 MPH BUMPER INFO LABEL(VM3)

114,538V73VEHICLE STATEMENT - US/CANADA US/CANADA VEHICLE STATEMENT(V73)

132,7461SCPACKAGE-OPTION 03 (1SC)

83,95249UEXTERIOR COLOR PRIMARY, LT SANDRIFT MET (49U)

EXTERIOR COLOR,PRIMARY (49U)

30,96252BTRIM COMBINATION CLOTH, LT NEUTRAL (52B)

50,02652IINTERIOR TRIM LIGHT NEUTRAL (52I)

50,0266JZCOMPONENT FRT LH COMPTR SEL SUSP(6JZ) SUSP(6JZ)

112,7277JZCOMPONENT FRT RH COMPTR SEL SUSP(7JZ) SUSP(7JZ)

112,7278HPCOMPONENT RR LH COMPUTER SEL SUSP (8HP) SUSP(8HP)

112,7279HPCOMPONENT RR RH COMPUTER SEL SUSP (9HP) SUSP(9HP)

112,727AG1ADJUSTER FRT ST POWER, MULTI-DIRECTIONAL, DRIVER MULTI-DIRECTIONAL PWR D/SEAT ADJR(AG1)

104,697AK5RESTRAINT SYSTEM,FRONT SEAT,INFLATABLE PASS SI INFL RST SYS(AK5)

RESTRAINT SYSTEM,FRONT SEAT,INFLATABLE,DRIVER AND PASSENGER DRIVER & PASS F/SEAT INFL RST SYS(AK5)

132,746AM6SEAT,FRONT SPLIT,3 PASSENGER WITH CENTER ARMREST FRT SPLIT ST(AM6)

132,746AP9NET,CONVENIENCE CONVENIENCE NET(AP9)

111,882B34COVERING,FLOOR MATS,FRONT,CARPETED INSERT(COLOR COORDINATED) FRT CPT INS FLR MATS(B34)

114,612B35COVERING,FLOOR MATS,REAR,CARPETED INSERT(COLOR COORDINATED) RR CPT INS FLR MATS(B35)

114,612CJ3AIR CONDITIONER,FRONT,MANUAL TEMPERATURE CONTROL,AUXILIARY TEMPERATURE CONTROL A/C FRT MAN/AUX CONTROL(CJ3)

93,332DG7MIRROR,OUTSIDE,RH & LH REMOTE CONTROL,ELECTRIC(PAINTED) O/S ELEC R/CON PAINTED MIR(DG7)

115,770DL5DECAL ROADSIDE SERVICE INFORMATION ROADSIDE SERVICE INFO DECAL(DL5)

124,296FE1SUSPENSION SYSTEM,SOFT RIDE SOFT RIDE SUSP(FE1)

132,746FR9RATIO TRANSAXLE FINAL DRIVE 3.29 3.29R(FR9)

132,746IQBTRIM,INTERIOR DESIGN (IQB)

132,746JM4BRAKE SYSTEM,POWER FRONT DISC,REAR DRUM,ANTI-LOCK(CAST IRON) ANTILOCK DISC/DRUM BRK(JM4)

132,746K34CRUISE CONTROL,AUTOMATIC,ELECTRONIC CRCONT(K34)

131,048K68GENERATOR,105 AMPERE 105 AMP(K68)

132,746L82ENGINE,3.1L(3.1M)6 CYL,V6,MFI,HO 3.1M(L82)

132,746MX0TRANSMISSION,AUTOMATIC,OVERDRIVE(MERCHANDISING OPTION) A/TRANS PROVISIONS(MX0)

132,746M13TRANSMISSION,AUTOMATIC 4-SPEED(4T60-E) 4-SPD A/TRANS(M13)

132,746NB7EMISSION SYSTEM CALIFORNIA, TLEV TLEV CALIF EMIS(NB7)

44,389NG1EMISSION CERTIFICATION,GEOGRAPHICALLY RESTRICTED CERTIFICATION RESTRICTED EMIS CERTIFICATION(NG1)

35,194NK5STEERING WHEEL(STANDARD) STD WHL(NK5)

132,746OSTPLANT CODE-OSHAWA 2 ONT,GM OF CANADA PLANT 2, OSHAWA, ONTARIO(OST)

132,746PG1WHEEL,15X6(STEEL) STEEL WHL(PG1)

122,892QGYTIRE ALL - P205/70R15/N BL R/PE ST TL ALS TIRE(QGY)

Hm maybe the link will be easier :lol:

http://www.compnine.com/vid.php?vin=2g4ws52m3x1626072

Edited by virtuetovice

the top plate for the console w/ cupholder...those are always breaking so people look for those...almost 150 new from the dealer. I'd want it, but my regal has the light gray interior.

Well, the damage to my friend's car is estimated around $3k. They only took it to one place.

"Hidden damage" was mentioned by the company who looked at it but would not provide details. All they said was that the frame is bent. I don't think this is true. It looked like it had a bent frame because of how high the driver's side fender was sitting from being bent. I drove it to my place after the accident. Besides the alignment being off and the radiator blowing off a little steam, the car seemed fine. Nothing popped, clunked around turns, it handled fine.

Damage I saw:

Broken headlight

Split bumper

Busted radiator

Blown shock

Alignment got knocked off

Bent fenders on both sides

Bent hood

Bent radiator cradle

Busted grill

Input anyone?

• 2 weeks later...

A little update here:

They totaled the car.

She wants to take the motor/trans out and put it in another Century bought cheap because of a blown motor or trans. The insurance company is telling her she can't take the engine/trans or part it out. <<WTF?? I call massive bullshit on this one. I'm not familiar with this type of situation and neither is she, so any help or input would be GREATLY appreciated.

They have not yet. I think the best thing for her to do is tell the insurance company she wants to pull some parts before she scraps it and work a deal out with them to pay out on it after she takes what she wants. Insurance companies seem to do a good job of making things overly complicated...:roll:

They have not yet. I think the best thing for her to do is tell the insurance company she wants to pull some parts before she scraps it and work a deal out with them to pay out on it after she takes what she wants. Insurance companies seem to do a good job of making things overly complicated...:roll:

This is not at all standard procedure. It's like going to a hotel and saying, hey gimme a room for half price, I only need to sleep in it from 11am-7pm.

They'll help you track down the car, but many I've encountered will not help you buy it.

You can usually remove things like steering wheel covers and aftermarket rims if you have the stockers, but not the powertrain - again from my experience and in Canada.