2nd Gen Regal vs. GP Exhaust?

pwmin

What exactly is the deal; how are they different? Can't you just run a pipe under the lateral arms? I had mine on a lift and there was plenty of room. What's with the side entrance on the muffler? Yes, I know regals have single and prix have "dual"

The regal single is pretty much a dual setup minus one piece of pipe and another muffler. If you get the bumper cutouts it will all bolt up(the catback). You just need the pass side hanger off a grand prix.

You might consider talking to Digitaloutsider. I believe he has a 2nd Gen GP exhaust on his Regal.
yeah, i was going to PM him when I get a chance

The regal single is pretty much a dual setup minus one piece of pipe and another muffler. If you get the bumper cutouts it will all bolt up(the catback). You just need the pass side hanger off a grand prix.
pretty much what I figured, but can you run a pipe under the lateral arms? I don't see why not. I looked at a picture of the SLP GSX exhaust on 3800performance, but it's pictured in pieces and a little hard to visually put together for me. I'd much rather keep the single exhaust so I'm not worried about cutting the bumper out and all that, just making it easier to at least replace the muffler for now. I could always get a 90 and then put the muffler after that, but I'd rather just run a straight pipe and cut out as much of the factory exhaust that I can for now. I'm looking to order a ZZP downpipe with cat next month and then finish the rest of the exhaust later.

Iirc all second gen exhaust goes under the lateral arms unlike gen 1 single exhausts

it goes under where they mount to the body not directly under the middle of them on the Regal. I don't have my mom's 01 GP in front of me or I'd just look. Can't see how they would be any different underneath.

Look for my thread in members rides about fixing my clogged cat problem and check out the routing of the exhaust
cool, thanks. Will do after work when I can view the pictures...stupid work filter

so, after the resonator, it goes to a 90, then straight for a bit, and then bends in towards the middle and then bends back out...instead of the bends after the bend after the resonator, why can't it just go straight back? there seems to be plenty of clearance even when the suspension is at maximum travel

post-738-143689058291_thumb.jpg

well, taking it in the morning to have 2.5" crush bent installed w/ a glasspack for resonator and magnaflow muffler. Might have them do a u-bend delete while they're at it for the obvious reason and so that it'll be cheaper to get a downpipe when I can afford one. If I don't like the glass pack, I'll just change it out for a round magnaflow when I do the downpipe. Just needs a tip if I decide to....sometimes I just like it plain