1993 Lumina Euro 3.4 OR 1992 Grand Prix SE 3.4?

itsabooick

I currently own a 93 Regal GS coupe and for my second car i have the option of looking at a black 93 Lumina Euro sedan with the 3.4 OR a 92 Grand Prix SE with the 3.4.

How similar exactly are both of these 2 cars to my current Regal, which ones is more unique and which one is the better choice? The prices are the same.

Thoughts and opinions?

Thanks

Its that Pontiac bright red color with the gold cross-lace wheels. Its also one of 1000 Richard Petty Edition SE's, for what that's worth. Its fully loaded but has more miles than the Lumina does...

they are both more or less the same car as your regal. if it is indeed a petty edition with gold wheels someone swapped them out at one point. it should have red cross lace wheels. as for the cars itself, its all dependent on condition, price and preference.

From the pics I can't tell if the cross laces are red or gold.

Honestly this would just be a winter car. Is the 3.4 worth it or is a shitload of problems when the car has 100k+ miles on it? Compared to a 93' 3800 it should give better performance right?

So should I be weary of the 3.4 or not really since I'll only be having the car for a few months? Should I just hope it doesn't need any repairs...? Are there certain variants that are generally considered more reliable than another (for example is a 3.4 Lumina really any better than a 3.4 Cutlass or a 3.4 GP?)

Find out about timing belt replacement...no history on any LQ1 engine would have me steer away. But if you intend to replace the timing belt yourself, or know anything about the engine that would be how my vote would sway.

It really comes down to how well maintained the car was...the 3.4 isn't THAT bad...but it does require careful maintenance. A neglected one is big time trouble...but then again, so are most modern engines.

My '95 LQ1 shows 207,000 miles. The first few months I owned mine, I spent a lot of time undoing what the previous owner did (or didn't do). Worst part by far was the timing belt, made worse by the fact mine jumped time, which meant I had to start from scratch. But, after getting things sorted out, it's been just as reliable (so far) as any other car I've ever owned...and I drive mine every day.

Either way, both cars have the 3.4...so that's kind of a wash.

Personally, I like the looks of the exterior of the Lumina, but HATE the Lumina interior....especially the dash. I'd vote for the Pontiac.