That was weird... Bouncing RPM's

dodgethis

I turned the car off and went into a restraunt for a few minutes (picking up a pizza :), and jumped back into the car and the rpms kept bouncing between 1,000 to

500 rpm's. It was weird because I hadn't even touched the pedal and was putting on the seat belt. Is that a sign saying that the tps is going out? I have read other forums where if there is rpm fluctuation, that it could lead to the kind of problem. I would hope it's just a simple as clean out the MAF sensor and be done with it. Has this happened to you before? Lumina is sitting at 103,000 miles, and with no check engine light.

Triple post fail lol... I have seen a couple 3100s do that, if it does it every time, I would be worried but if it doesnt come back then it was a freak occurance.. Maybe the IAC was acting a little funny

Every now and then my white one did it when backing up? It was so inconsistent I never did anything about it. I've been told it might be failing TPS, IAC or possible bad injector. So take your pic, start by cleaning the IAC and go from there until a SES light goes on.