1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass S with 94,000 miles fair value ?

Highmilagecutlass

post-5276-143689057062_thumb.jpeg 94,000 miles 3100 v6

Black leather interior, non smoker , one little rust spot on the quarter panel.

Second owner.

She wants 2,200 for it and I'm not sure if this is a good deal and what should I look for when I check it out tomorrow ?

This is not the actual car it just looks like this one.

Any advice or pointers would be appreciated . My Cutlass is at 335,000 miles and I should retire it.

Well I just have a hard time paying more than that for a 16 year old car... It does have pretty low mileage for the year so you could maybe start negotiating at 1500 and hopefully get it for 1800ish

$2000 is fine (maybe a little high) if the brakes have been done recently, things are working well, good paint, minimal rust AND running smoothly.

If it checks out I would offer less, someone will eventually sell theirs to you for less if someone else buys this one (unless you really need a half-decent car now).

Will your sign-in name change?

I bought it for$ 2,200 the owner would not budge on the price and there was a guy that wanted to buy it for her price, so I bit the bullet and bought it. The interior in an 8.5 out of a 10 with black leater and rear buckets. And yes my new name would be Lowmilagecutlass..lol

$2000 is fine (maybe a little high) if the brakes have been done recently, things are working well, good paint, minimal rust AND running smoothly.

If it checks out I would offer less, someone will eventually sell theirs to you for less if someone else buys this one (unless you really need a half-decent car now).

Will your sign-in name change?

I will post some pictures and Yes I will try to make it Dayton :thumbsup:

I had it the freeway today after I filled up with some premium with a shot of Sea Foam and wow..it like driving a new car :)

Gosh I'd say it's worth the price paid. Where can you get a '94 with the mileage for that price? You can buy a 2006 with that mileage for 7k and pay higher insurance and higher plate fees. Good deal I'd say!

thanks guys...i'm so excited..:biggrin:

Gosh I'd say it's worth the price paid. Where can you get a '94 with the mileage for that price? You can buy a 2006 with that mileage for 7k and pay higher insurance and higher plate fees. Good deal I'd say!

She`s beautiful, Looks like mine did when i first got here 5 years ago, i paid a little over $1500 for mine and then customized the shit out of her making the resale value probably less than $500, but i wouldn`t give my baby up for anything less than $10k! I have only seen one other Cutlass Supreme 2-door with that color. Offer $1200 and take it from there, these CS are jewels and alot of people dont know it.

• 2 weeks later...

***Update***

I recently changed the oil to a Pennzoil synthetic 5w30, swapped out the spark plugs with some NGK iridium and then did a pan drop on the transmission and filled it with 6 quarts of Dex 6.

Next a new fuel filter..

But what a difference !! my mileage is up to 27 miles per gallon on the freeway !

I know..pictures ..I will the next time I wash it..sorry guys

they always say someone wants to buy it.

That "buyer" probably checked out 1/2 a dozen other cars that day as well.

I would not say you got this great deal but you also didn't get ripped off either, assuming the car is in reasonable running shape and doesn't require daily maintenance .

thing with mileage, that is not so relevant really cause care of a car has more to do with longetivity than anything.

I have seen cars with less than 100,000 miles that were on their death bed and then some cars with close to 200K that run like a charm.

Ahh Ok just saw the pics and I must say - it definately has it's looks going for it. If the car was owned by some old lady before, rest assured it has been babied. Ya know, Grandma driving only to church and the grocery, never squeeling the tires, etc. Old folks don't do things that us younger folks make a habit of.

So, looks like you got a good deal ultimately ;)

Edited by Red Nightmare