2005 GTP inquiry

MikeyT2007

I am debating whether or not this car is a good purchase or not. Its a 2005 GTP fully loaded other than HUD. The only thing I can tell is it has alot of KM's 200,500KMs. The rims are badly tarnished,lots of chips on the hood that have been touched up and the exhaust tips look like crap.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to what look into further or more information for me. Have any questions, please ask.

I had an 05 GTP that had 213,000 miles (343,000 km) and it ran like a freaking top. Much better even than my current 04 GTP with 120,000 miles on it.

It's all in how it was cared for. the 05 had a lot of life left in it. I originally paid 6500 for it, like 2 years ago with 195k

yes I do AL, I work at a GM dealership in Alberta Canada. I was hoping for maybe half of asking, but we'll see.

I was also wondering about running it with premium fuel. Is it an absolute neccesity to do so, can someone please explain this for me.

its not "absolutely necessary" as long as its stock. It will run on regular, however the fuel economy hit you will likely take running it on regular will negate the higher cost of premium.

I don't think you'd be able to get em to let it go at half, my guess is that's right around what they paid for it...maybe a tad less. And yes, premium is a requirement IMO..unless you keep it dead stock and drive like an old lady

The car was a trade-in at the dealership and I have connections LOL. Both of my parents work there as well and my dad is the Fixed Operations and Service Manager.

Interesting info regarding fuel choice as well. I knew there would be a good explanation.

The car was a trade-in at the dealership and I have connections LOL. Both of my parents work there as well and my dad is the Fixed Operations and Service Manager.

Gotcha. Yeah you might get a pretty good deal on it, ha.