Engine and Trans Weight

Dark Ride

I would like to know what the LG5, LQ1, and the L36 weigh, and also I'm curious what the weight difference is between the 4T60 and the 4T65-e if any. Mainly I'm trying to figure out what front springs to use on the TGP, everyone says the L36 is so heavy, but I'm curious to see some actual numbers for my own sake as well.

Thanks,

Mitch

Edit: I don't want this to become an argument about the pros and cons of the 3800, I just can't find the different engine weights anywhere.

Edited by Dark Ride

the approximate weight of the 3800: 350 Pounds, Bone dry no oil, no nothin.

that's just the block, heads, intake, etc. no acc. correct?

Does anyone know the approx weights of the LQ1 or LG5/LH0? I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find it. How close are the L36 and the LQ1?

http://www.gmtuners.com/gmtransinfo.htm This should give you weights of most transmissions.

3.1 with all accessories- Right about 350 lbs

3.4 DOHC with all accessories- 465 lbs

I have a listing showing the L36 to be 392 lbs. Not sure if this is with or without accessories.

Also, if you do a quick search on the Fiero forums, they have done every swap under the sun, and weight is a huge factor. This should help.

http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/093145.html

And not to start a pissing match, as I would take the 3.4 DOHC over any fwd 90* v6, the 3.4 DOES weigh more than the 3800.