Question about switching interior harness

swift13

ok so i am in the middle of changing my vert to obd 2 and also changing to the gp dash,

My question is with changing the dash do i need to change the heater box from a cutlass one to a gp one?

id like to keep the cutty one for the auto temp settings and i dont really want the dial style in the gp but the harness does not support this.

Nope, you can indeed keep the CS heater box and auto climate control. I did that in my old 96 CS that Venom now has. Everything looks as if it came like that from the factory.

You DO NOT need to change the interior harness when swapping to OBD2. Just a few repins on the engine bays harness at the C100 connector, and then adding the OBD2 ALDL connector in the interior. Run a new purple wire from PIN J2 on the interior side of the C100 firewall connector (this is the Class 2 datastream from the PCM) to the ALDL connector. Connect the existing Tan UART datastream wire to the new ALDL, use the existing black ground wires and then add a new 12V+ wire from the fuse block to the new ALDL. IIRC I tap into the HVAC 30amp (might be 20amp I can remember:lol:) fuse and it never poses an issue.

you wouldnt happen to have pics of this by any chance would you? and also if you say yours was a 96 wouldnt it have already been obd 2? mines a 95.

I find it weird that the 1.5 cutty harness supports hud and dic, but the gp harness doesnt support the climate control junk