my 95 thats been sitting

cutlassjesse

i have a 95 cutlass supreme that has been sitting untouched for 3 years now going to get it going again in january just wondering what i should do to it to get it running and road worthy again? thanks in advance jesse

I'd take out the spark plugs, and dump some Marvel Mystery Oil down the cylinder bores so that the piston rings aren't bone dry when you try and fire it up. Marvel is great, as it will soak and help them loose if they're seized.

You'll probably want to change out all the fluids (coolant, transmission fluid, motor oil, brake fluid, etc) as they could have soaked up moisture. Check the tires, serpentine belt, and all the hoses for dry rot, and I wouldn't be surprised if the brake calipers are seized.

Where has it been sitting? Outside? In a garage?

Battery,taste the gas...whats it taste like?, check wires make sure they were not eaten by creatures of the night.

Put key in and try to start it...if so new tires and maybe brakes.

Wash

????

Profit

and done.

Fresh gas, I forgot that one. Get some Seafoam to dump in with the fresh gas as well. That will help neutralize the stale shit in the tank so it doesn't foul the plugs and clog the injectors.

Either drop the tank and dump out all the old gas or siphon the old gas out. After 3 years, nothing will make that fuel useful. Its already varnished up lord knows what.

When starting it up for the 1st time, pull the fuel pump fuse so it does start right away and crank, crank, and some more crank to build up oil pressure and get everything lubed back up. Dry starts arent a good thing at all.