Dashpad curling

Snowcats95

Hey all, new to this forum but been a fan of w-bodies for a long time. Here's my question:

I recently had a 1990 Lumina 3.1 and the dash pad curled up where the defrost vents are at. I am looking at purchasing a '39 Euro and that has the same problem. Just saw a '92 Z-34 on Ebay with the dashpad curl. Is this a common problem with the early model Luminas? Thanks

Yes, it is, its a fairly simple fix. I just took some liquid nails, and on a really hot day left the dashpad out in the sun, let it heat up and then squirted the liquid nails in, used some squeeze clamps to hold it down and then put it in the shade.

Looks great now and that was a few years ago!

yep. Very common problem. I always used a 2 part epoxy, a board and a bunch of small C clamps to get it back down. I did one over 5 years ago now and it has yet to come back up. Just be prepared for the interior to smell bad for a few days afterwards.

It's a problem with pretty much every early W.

I used a heatgun to soften it up so I could stretch it, then wood screws to hold it in place. Once you put the vent back in you can't see the screws.