Water sound, no no warm air

DaPurpleRT

So my parents described that their 00 3.8L Regal has been making sounds like water burbling when starting/shutting the car down. It did it last night and it could not produce warm air.

What's going out? Condenser? Heater core?

TIA,

-Ryan

As Bob says, there's air in the cooling system and a lack of coolant.

3800's are known for cheap lower intake manifold gaskets, poorly designed upper intake manifold plenums (made of PLASTIC), and easily breaking plastic coolant elbows that connect the lower to the upper (or something like that, I'm not sure what the elbows do).

Mine does the same thing when it's up to running temperature (has stopped doing it recently though), I hear some farts and bubbling coming from under the dash (heater system) as my gaskets are slowly beginning to leak outside of the motor. What you can do for an IMMEDIATE but temporary fix is have the coolant filled, but you might want to have all of the stuff listed above checked/replaced before it goes out of hand. If coolant happens to start leaking into the motor, it's done for.

My GTP has been making the same noise, though not as noticeable. Not sure that its coolant related since the sound doesnt increase with revs.

My level is fine, and heat works, but i am due for a flush.

My level hasn't dropped very much and I do have heat, yes.

The sound isn't very noticeable, the camera does pick it up quite well.

The heater wasn't even on in this video. It goes away if I turn it on.