need electrical help 4 a 95 regal

95regal

my regal is giving me problems again.the dome light comes on while driving and sometimes work's normaly when i open and close the door,replaced pin switches.door lock fuse constantly blowing,d/s window stuck down,will not close,power good to motor.and air is blowing on my feet thru the vent with climate control off.thanks

You have classic symptoms of a pinched or otherwise made ugly wire bundle between the driver's door and the body. Remove and preserve if possible the accordion rubber housing, and

MAIN TASK: carefully inspect every wire for evidence of mashing against other ones or parting or shorting to ground or to another wire.

Since the dome light comes on inappropriately, start at the door close switch and remove it's wire and for a week note if the intermittant dome has quit its intermittancy. Power good to window motor yet won't turn...check other wire (power comes in twos and the ground is often overlooked). Door lock fuse constantly blows...again that cable is getting shorted before it gets into the car.

Tools Required: A three legged stool, headband magnifying glass, diagonal cutters, a probe pick or spudger, voltmeter, camera with closeup capability and a good night's sleep. Optional at this point depending in part on weather and environment are:, beverage which fits the cars can holder, a good bright florescent trouble light. Then have at it...you now know what to look for. And please come back to report progress of your findings with pictures.

by door close switch do you mean the pin switch?i got the window to go up with a tap of a hammer on the motor.will check the accordian harness on monday.any ideas about the air blowing on the floor when the hvac system is off?thanks- dave

checked wiring last night and just as paul said 2 wires in the harness had rubbed thru the insulation.i pulled the whole harness out and looked at each wire and it was hard to see the problem area,taped over breaks and put it back together but noticed another problem that the window guide roller looks broken in the middle...it never ends.

Good to hear the problem is solved. So many are harder, especially in the engine. I like to think even the odd new car will have the occasional mal-manufacturered part.

Can't comment on the window guide as I've not yet taken a GM door apart, but if you've identified the part you are more than halfway there. GL