89 cutty supreme int'l

WBodyMan

A co-worker was junking his 89 oldsmobile cutlass Supreme international. Ran and drove so I couldn't see it go to the crusher. Anyone out there saving these cars? The state is yelling at me for having an unregistered car! It has the 2.8 5spd getrag. I gotta get rid of it, but I feel it has better options then the crusher... I removed the injectors for me Fiero. Other then that its pretty well driven in, the power brake booster is shot so it has manual brakes and the exhaust is pretty much a goner. Few people are saying just save the tranny.

Anyone out there near Central New York that will save this car!?

Thanks,

Ericpost-5539-143689054794_thumb.jpg

Interior is pretty dirty. No rips if I recall, just dirty. Its dark grey in color. Have a pic but the phone is not cooperating, will post later. Car shifted awesome. Drove it bout half an hour from the guys house, wicked fun car. If there are enough people interested I may just part it out. I'm not sure what is and is not valuable on this car so if I can help you guys out let me know. Car was fully loaded, power everything cruise sunroof. I know the roof was siliconed because of leaks. high mileage 170k ish.

Keep me updated!

Thanks,

Eric

Does it have an HUD? How's the body?

The pic just showed up. I would love to have this as a parts car. What are you asking?

Edited by virtuetovice

Not sure what a "HUD" is. I'd much rather send it out whole rather then part it out. Just want to get more then $250 which is what the scrap yard will give. Private Message me if anyone is seriously interested, I'm really not looking to make money, I know this car deserves better then the crusher. and I know people out there love these cars. Car will run and drive if I put injectors back in it, but again, bad exhaust bad brakes.

Thanks,

Eric

If I were you, I'd keep it honestly. It's a great car to drive. It isn't hard to work on as far as I've experienced, nor expensive. Give it a decent paint job and some subtle but nice wheels and you would have one hell of a classy car.

The HUD is a device on the drivers side dash that displays the speed and other info on the windshield. There would be a small control panel for it beside the Driver Info System in front of the shifter.

Also, in most states; if you cover the car it doesn't have to be registered. :thumbsup:

I'd be really interested in the car if I had a way to get it here. Still though, I think you should save it yourself.

The HUD is a device on the drivers side dash that displays the speed and other info on the windshield. There would be a small control panel for it beside the Driver Info System in front of the shifter.

Not in this car, the Heads Up Display switch would be on the driver's left above the left vent.

Oh damn I always thought the storage console beside the DIS in my Cutty INTL was where that went. The Audio Bass/Fog Light switch is over the left drivers vent on mine. Some were the other way around?

there were 2 generations of HUD.

I don't seem to have any pics of a first gen HUD. But it was flatter, the switch was mounted to the driver's left and even cooler was the digital cluster DID NOT have a speedometer digit readout like non-HUD equipped cars. It did still have the bar graph though.

Is that convertable posted an international? or could you get the aq9's without the international package?

It's an '88 Pace Car. It is an International.

there were 2 generations of HUD.

I don't seem to have any pics of a first gen HUD. But it was flatter, the switch was mounted to the driver's left and even cooler was the digital cluster DID NOT have a speedometer digit readout like non-HUD equipped cars. It did still have the bar graph though.

That was cool? I thought that was dumb! :lol: The digits were still there, there just weren't any PCB traces going to them. I actually got ahold of one of those clusters and got really bored one day. I took both it and my spare UB3 cluster apart and soldered tiny little wires to the digits. Voila! Instant digital readout which had never been lit before. One thing that was cool about that cluster is it had an extra little PCB with some circuitry in order to drive an external Low Fuel indicator on the HUD since the regular UB3 cluster didn't have that ability.

Just curious why the brakes are shot, did this Cutlass have ABS (PM III)?