Fuel economy

ScoobyDoo82

I was just wondering what some of you guys are getting in your w's as far as fuel economy goes. My Grand Prix has me stumped, I thought I broke the float in it or something because the gas gauge didnt move until 65 miles later. I'm at 80 miles now and still 13/14 ticks. If I'm thinking correctly, theres 14 ticks for 16 gallons of gas which is a little over a gallon per tick. Even if it were 2 gallons per tick, that would mean I'm still averaging 33MPG, and that doesnt make much sense to me :P.

the guages aren't very accurate, especially when near full.

i have managed 35MPG in the MC and just over 30 in the GP regularly if i accelerate like i have nowhere to be...

For a minute I thought I broke the float filling it too high, mile after mile and the gauge wasnt moving :P. That would be kick-ass if I'm doing that. Ive been getting low-20s in my 3.1 Cavalier, needless to say high MPGs would be a nice change .

My old 91 Euro Lumina would net me 29.5 mpg doing ~70mph commuting back and forth from school. Drove the '92 Z most of this summer to work and back (approximately 6 miles) with a mix of city driving, which netted a combined 20 mpg. I bested 31.9-32 mpg in my 98 Monte Z34 in it's pre-topswap; L36 trim.

Instant fuel mileage isn't very realistic.

My 95 GTP 3.4 just got an overall averge of 28.8 on a 200 mile round trip this past weekend.

Not bad for a car this old with 167000 miles.

I was happy with it!

Leon

Did a 300 km round trip today in my TGP. Didn't baby it at all. Mostly highway, some stop and go in Toronto, some 150 km/h cruising. Mostly 120-130 km/h. 25 MPG average.

I average in the very high 20's in my 3.1 cars with a mix of about 85% highway & 15% city driving. With all highway driving, I've averaged 34-35mpg several times over a full tank of gas(on road trips, the roads were very long + flat leading to South Georgia).

I average in the very high 20's in my 3.1 cars with a mix of about 85% highway & 15% city driving. With all highway driving, I've averaged 34-35mpg several times over a full tank of gas(on road trips, the roads were very long + flat leading to South Georgia).

Would it be safe to assume you were going downhill? :lol:

I remember getting 34-35 in a 3.1 mpfi when coming down from the Appalachians to the east coast....

I averaged 31 MPG on the one highway trip I took my TGP on.

My old blue 91 SE regularly got 30 MPG with a mix of city and mostly highway.

We'll see what the 88 gets now... It averaged 34 MPG on the way home from the previous owner's place, mostly 55-60 MPH driving.

for fairly heavy cars, such as a W, city mileage will always suck isnce you're constantly bring a shitton of mass from low or no speeds up to the speed limit at the rate of everyone trying to run your ass over.