j_mezz

I just replaced the door on my 96 cutlass with one from a 93. Now I have a working window and the much easier to get to door mounted seat belt but unfortunately the colors weren't the same. I could easilly live with blue seatbelts in my tan interior but thought I'd ask the question...did they make seat belts in brown\tan for the 88 - 94 Cutty? I don't ever recall seeing a brown interior on a cutlass, do they interchange with the GP's or something? :think:

I know there were luminas with tan interiors, and I'm pretty sure they all got the door mounted seatbelts. I imagine they are the same as other w-body door mounted seatbelts.

Yeah, I think they did have a brown/tan, but why wouldn't you just remove the 93 stuff and use your 96 seat belts? They are much safer not attached to the doors anyway.

That's half the reason I changed the door, I can't stand those belts. I have to literally push my arm back to reach it. I got spoiled by my 93. It's a station car, I barely break 30 MPH passing through 2 school zones on the way. If I suddenly dissapear off of the website forever you'll know what happened, lol.

Thanks, I'll check my local yard...unless someone around here's got one lying around?

Edited by j_mezz

They're currently in the car.

All five "receivers" are out of the car and ready to go right now.

My car's half tan/brown half black on the interior.

What did you do with your carpet and where are you. These will be relatively heavy.

ok, no hurry. I've got some work to do on it between now and then anyway. The carpet stayed the same, it's still in prety good shape, but temporarily I put the blue door panel on. Planning on modding it to fit the door belts.

Maybe they're right about not using the door belts though...would save some work. I really hadn't thought about doing it that way cause I was happy about switching to door belts...

ok, no hurry. I've got some work to do on it between now and then anyway. The carpet stayed the same, it's still in prety good shape, but temporarily I put the blue door panel on. Planning on modding it to fit the door belts.

Maybe they're right about not using the door belts though...would save some work. I really hadn't thought about doing it that way cause I was happy about switching to door belts...

I asked aboot the carpet, because I have a tan one in my basement, needs a good cleaning, but definitely serviceable.

• 10 months later...

Im not exactly sure, i got my seat belt for my cutlass at a place that specializes in recycled seat belts only. it was fairly spendy, but i couldnt find it anywere else. they only sell black and grey colors, my interior is blue so black doesnt stick out. i think this is the website http://www.seatbeltsusa.net the part came in 3 days and was correct.

hope this helps