2000 GTP - A/C Evaporator Removal

xtremerevolution

How the hell do I get to that damn thing. I got the whole dash off, got the steering column unbolted and the wheel resting on the floor, I got the passenger airbag module off, and now I'm looking at a large support beam going the length of the car, and some stupid ass magnesium bracket that held the steering column up that appears to be holding the main support beam down, yet I've removed all of the bolts except the one that goes through the brake pedal support, and I can't get the damn thing out for the life of me.

If anyone can give me some tips on how in the world I'm supposed to get to that A/C box to get the evaporator out, I'd greatly appreciate it.

2010-09-28201749.jpg

For future reference, this is a bitch to do. Removing that beam is such a pain in the ass its not even funny. The hvac bracket bolts are hidden like crazy and you practically have to be on your back to see them, and you can't get a socket in there so you have to use a manual wrench, on both sides. Then you need a flex elbow on a 10mm socket to get to the bolt that's on the driver's side which you can barely get to and will never have thought to look for, because, well, you can't even stick your head in there to see it due to the windshield. You have to use a mirror to see down there, which is also a pain in the ass. Finally got it out last night, so I can get to the hvac box. I charged $400, but if I have to do it again, I'm charging $500.