Do I have everything to make this thing work?

visitor

Ok went to the P.A.P today for a washer fluid tank for a buddies blazer, and in my search I came across a 91-93 grand prix SE (b4u) with HUD. it was tore apart pretty well already, with the wires already cut, but I grabbed the unit, the adjuster, and the metal bracket.. is this all I need-

1-1.jpg

HUD.jpg

hud2.jpg

It is going in a 1993 grand prix STE, so I DOUBT ill have the plugs already there, so im hoping I can wire it in.. should be do-able, correct?

Also- cost for it all was $10. Was that a fair price?

Good price. If its not pre-wired then you will have to wire it in which is do-able.

Looks like you got everything you need to make the HUD work. You will need to cut a hole in your dash for the HUD. Unless you grabbed the dash that originally had the HUD.

was just searching the how to section and came across this-

"Q6. Someone told me there were two types of 88-93 DIC's! WHAT?! NO!

A6. Yes, it's true. There are two types of Grand Prix DIC's. From 88-90 they used a multicolored LCD type display. From 90-93 a single color vacuum florescent display was used. STE's also got specific DIC's which had a complete lamp and door monitor."

Will this monitor still work with my car? (1993 ste) i dont care much about the lamp and door monitor, just normal..

Im not having much luck in my search of the forum- does anyone have a writeup (with pics would be great, but take what i can get) of how to either- tear it apart to clean it, OR how to install it (mainly wire color to wire color)?