is this car worth the price?

visitor

Ok browsing cl and came across this car. its priced at 450.. is that a fair price, or what would YOU give for it (if youd touch it at all). keep in mind its not going to be my daily car, just a project. (would like an 3800 swap or something similar) anyhow thoughts?

"This is a sharp looking car and I'd hate to get rid of it BUT it's time for a 4 door AND this car NEEDS MAJOR MECHANICAL WORK. The car has sat since July 4th, 2010 when the idler belt went out. I took it into the shop and upon further investigation found out the idler pulleys where also bad. The top of the engine has already been disassembled.

If this sounds like something you want to tackle the car is yours. WARNING: This car is a duel overhead cam and the engine WILL NEED TO BE RE-TIMED as part of the repair! If you don't want it, it's off to the junk yard.

Specs

Model: 1994 Pontiac Grand Prix 2 door

Title: Clear/Rebuilt - bought that way don't know why

Engine: 3.4L V6 - Not Running - duel overhead cam

Mileage: 142,510

Body: Fair- some rust, leaky trunk and missing passenger side fender flair

Tires: Fair

Interior: Good - no major rips or tears

Battery: Good - left me sit for the first time in four years this last winter, probably about due for a replacement

Extras: CD player, power windows/locks, cruise

To recap this car is being sold AS IS by owner with no warranty and no implied warranty. This car NEEDS MAJOR MECHANICAL WORK and DOES NOT RUN. It will need to be trailered upon pick up. I will not ship or transport the car to any location. No you can not wire me the money. I will be responding to e-mails only. No scams, no spam. I check e-mails daily. I would be happy to answer any additional questions. This ad is written to the best of my knowledge. This is not a simple fix. Thank you for looking. "

pics-

drivers.jpg

back.jpg

passside.jpg

frontseat.jpg

backseat-1.jpg

trunk.jpg

motor2.jpg

motor1.jpg

Seems to be a fairly low option gtp (no sunroof, cloth interior, it looks like no HUD)

The body looks to be in good shape. A couple trips to the JY and you could have yourself a fun toy. To bad you cant do a compression check on it. Not likely much wrong with the bottom end. From the looks of the engine bay the timing looks like it got shredded and the previous owner tried and failed to fix it. I would wave 300 in his face I bet he would take it. I'd pay 450 if it was close by just to put it back together again and resell. Don't let another GTP get crushed!

They debadged it only to add sh*tty decals everywhere. To my knowledge no '94's came from the factory looking like that, 1996's and maybe late 95 - yes.

Not a fan.

If you really know what you're doing and want to spend lots of time under the hood buy it.

If you semi-know what you are doing and really hate yourself - buy it.

If you don't know what you're doing congrats you've purchased a brick on wheels.

Im in oklahoma city. I already have an ste, this would just be a winter project while the ste interior is in the shop. I was thinking of throwing an l67 in it, pending my buddys report on the underbody condition (hes looking at it saturday) Im thinking of offering 350, I think thats about what its worth to me.. that seem fair?

I can :)

Then I think offering 350 would be fair. The car looks to be in decent shape. He said if no one wants it, hes taking it to the junkyard where he'll get $200 max.

EDIT: Woot! Post 1,000!

As an update- my mechanic looked it over, took some pics of the underbody for me, its decent! offered 300 (not expecting him to take it) and.. well he accepted. going to pick it up in october. pretty stoked! I think its for sure worth 300!

It'll be a very sexy lawn ornament until you get 'er up and running. Congrats!!

Will look great next to my non running ste! haha.

This is getting fixed to be my daily driver, (my truck sucks WAYYYYYY to much gas) the STE is getting tore down to a shell and rebuilt totally, so its a few year long project.

Ill have this running within the week, then do some light body work, then a respray, tint and drive. Ya, im stoked!

Also- going to P.A.P. tomorrow to grab a HUD system for it, and a fender flair (great, have parts to a car i dont even have yet sitting around.. welcome to multi w-body ownership, right?