89SupremeCutty

wow long time, no post.

anyways i have a electrical gremlin in the lumina someplace. last saturday night i drove my car and all the lights worked on it. monday night/tuesday morning i left work and turned the key and normally my dash lights come on cause of the auto headlights and discovered no dash lights. then the next day before work i went to see why i had no dash lights. i started the car and turned the lights on manually and checked out all the lights on the car.

so for the past 3 days i've been driving my car with no dash lights on my way home from work at midnight. last night i left work and got pulled over by a cop who says i have no tail lights. that i didn't know. so he let me go and now im worried what is causing this problem.

so far i've checked all fuses inside the cabin. all the fuses are good. i haven't gotten under the hood yet to check the fuses/relays.

are there any relays/fuses under the hood that would cause this? i'm thinking that there may be a bad ground someplace but i want to rule out all fuses/relays first. i have turn signals, my drl's work and when i turn the light switch to the headlight position, nothing changes. i assume im able to use the high beams cause the headlights are on, correct? and if that's the case that means the auto lights are working or at least that's what i assume. i'd appreciate the help and thanks in advanced!

Do the brake lights work by chance? you said the turn signals in the rear do work as well as the fronts? Maybe you can check the dimmer switch for the dash lights with a multimeter to confirm that works. As for the tail lights that is odd even more if the brake lights work

Im wondering if the headlight switch didnt take a crap on you... Or the auto lights module

nope. i just solved it. the parking lamps fuse under the hood took a crap. who knew. i would expect that crap from ford. i didn't know the dash lights woulda been tied up in it.

nope. i just solved it. the parking lamps fuse under the hood took a crap. who knew. i would expect that crap from ford. i didn't know the dash lights woulda been tied up in it.

My regal is the same way. I thought you checked the fuses though lol That has happened to me before as well :roll:

GM is the king of fuses powering circuits that have nothing to do with what the fuse is labelled as. The newer GMs are even worse.

yea i forgot gm does that. i checked all interior fuses. just nothing under the hood till this afternoon.