Guess the weight!?!?!?

CSI_MuNkY

OK, so I have been given an ultimatum to get rid of the shell of my Grand Prix, I have to have it gone by the end of the weekend.

The car has been stripped of;

Engine (Trans is in the trunk)

Body kit,

Interior (carpet and dash structure remain)

suspension (front subframe is still with the car)

hood

trunk lid

all lights

mirrors

What are your guesses on the weight of the shell?? I don't want to get ripped off on scrap steel prices, but have to have someone come pick it up, or at the very least drop off a bin and I can cut it up and put it in the bin.

Here are some pics of the carnage

CIMG6302.jpg

CIMG6303.jpg

CIMG6304.jpg

CIMG6305.jpg

CIMG6306.jpg

CIMG6307.jpg

CIMG6308.jpg

CIMG6309.jpg

CIMG6310.jpg

CIMG6311.jpg

CIMG6312.jpg

Jamie

For the shell, I'd guess around 1000lbs. The shell really doesn't weight much, but with the glass it'll be a bit heavier. With all of the parts left in it, +/- 1500lbs.

BTW, want to take off the styrofoam impact absorbers and bodykit clips for me? :P

I think the plan is going to involve a sawsall and some zip disks this weekend.

Filip thinks we can get around $250 for it through his companies scrap buyer.

Guys that still want stuff I can PM you later, just on lunch break right now, I gotta go eat!

Jamie

Are you guys looking at the same pics I'm seeing? It looks like he was close to being able to drive it Flintstones style. I'm no body man, but I'd say it needed close to a couple grand worth of work if not more.

I would sell that steering wheel, I'm sure someone out there wants a 94-96 steering wheel with SWCs.

Keep us up to date on how much you get out of it. That'll help me know how much to sell my cars for!

Are you guys looking at the same pics I'm seeing? It looks like he was close to being able to drive it Flintstones style. I'm no body man, but I'd say it needed close to a couple grand worth of work if not more.

I would sell that steering wheel, I'm sure someone out there wants a 94-96 steering wheel with SWCs.

Keep us up to date on how much you get out of it. That'll help me know how much to sell my cars for!

I was in the car, as in trying to rip seat belts out etc. I don't recall ever having to watch where I stepped, and I'm a big guy. Underbody rust and continual electric problems killed that car if I remember correctly, I think that something was done to make it rust right through afterwards - maybe I'm wrong.

At least de-badge it and give the badges to me, I just want the rear trunk GTP ones if nothing else Jamie!

Ive already expressed interest in that wheel/bag! :D

If there is one thing I have learned is that rust can be fixed, but it always comes back.

The floor on the drivers side is rusted right through big enough that you could nearly get your foot through the hole, rockers are done, trailing arm mounts are ready to fall out and the structure where the front fenders bolt to the bottom of the car, is non existent now.

If I am going to spend money fixing up a car, I am going to start with something much cleaner than this, it was beyond saving IMHO.

All that rust coupled with the ongoing short issues that no one could explain, I just got fed up, then Matt offered up his cutty for sale, so everything suspension wise is getting swapped over to that (after it gets sandblasted and repowder coated)

Jamie

Yeah, I got it...

I will be returning PMs about parts in the next day or 2, I had to try and meet some of my landlords ultimatum so I have been busy... but all parts that I took off (and want to sell) Have been photographed, just gotta upload them and then I will start PMing people, and I will bump up my part out thread with the pics.

Jamie

Looks like I have to settle for $100 for it, that's the only way I can get rid of it, and I need it gone yesterday.... Anywhere else I would be able to get more money for it, either won't pick it up, or want to charge me so much for the pick up, I may as well settle for the $100... I wish I had a truck and trailer at my disposal...

Jamie

Highest so far is $170 per ton... Renting a trailer would probably nullify anything over the $100 I have found elsewhere...

I spoke to my neighbors and none of them complained... so I'm thinking the city must of told the landlord to get rid of it... if that's the case I gotta get it gone now... The city I live in has a by-law against having cars sitting around like this, most Ontario cities do.

Jamie