96 GPSE no reverse lamp voltage? Blower baffle failure? Related?

white4d96

I'm getting no voltage for my reverse lights when the car is in the appropriate gear. Tried running an alternate ground, jiggling the gearshift, checking the stop lamp and ctsy lamp fuses, along with all other fuses in the panel, no dice. Trans switch?

Could this be related to my blower baffle being stuck in the defog mode? I can't get it to move. I checked the plugs in the HVAC module, all good. What else can I check?

I had tapped into one of the lights for a relay to power a reverse foglamp, the positive came loose and grounded out against the chassis. That blew the fuse.

Guess I'll be looking for a blower assembly at pnp...ugh.

Could this be related to my blower baffle being stuck in the defog mode? I can't get it to move. I checked the plugs in the HVAC module, all good. What else can I check?

Do you have good vacuum to the selector switch?

Just an update, I can hear the motor working for the dial from cold to hot, but not the one to change where the air goes. I'm starting to think it's the blower and not the controls.

Edited by white4d96
spelig fial

selection is inoperable.

I finally found the box ruktosk referred to, don't think it's getting vac. I unplugged the hoses from it and couldn't feel any. I am getting a click from it when I turn the vent/floor/defrost switch though.

Make sure the accessory vacuum hose in the bay is connected and not broken. Not sure where it's at on your 96, but on my 97, it runs along the passenger side of the bay and enters the firewall near the harness connector.

selection is inoperable.

I finally found the box ruktosk referred to, don't think it's getting vac. I unplugged the hoses from it and couldn't feel any. I am getting a click from it when I turn the vent/floor/defrost switch though.

BINGO. you have had a vacuum line failure. most likely cause is a check-valve joint near the mastercylinder, but a broken line to the vacuum ball[THE ORB OF POWAAR!!!], or a missing ball (under the battery seen from below the car) can cause your issue..... it shoudl be simple to fix...