Need a mechanic in Metro Detroit area for 3.4 DOHC

BN

Can anybody recommend a mechanic around Detroit who is good with these engines. Even a forum member who isn't a mechanic is welcome. My 93 Olds cutlass supreme convertible has a slight miss at idle. I've had three different mechanics replace parts but none can solve the problem. please feel free to e-mail me. Thanks , Bill billnics3@yahoo.com

Edited by BN

Picked up car and it's running great. I wish I would have found this place a long time ago. Thanks for the help.

Thanks BN and J , I live in the Detroit area and it's nice to know where to find knowledgeable mechanics that are trust worthy !

Can you tell me what the cost was to diagnose and fix your car ?

Shawn :)

It was $299.00 + tax for one coilpak. I'm not sure if that's good or not, or how hard those coilpacks are to change but it's the first time it's run right in the two years I've owned it, so I'm happy.:dance:

A little pricey, but thats shop rates for ya (diagnosis, replacing the parts, markup on the part, overhead, etc...).

For example, the price range for a new coil pack on RockAuto is $17-$45.

Is the part hard to get to, to change?

IIRC, it's under the front exhaust manifold and above the starter. And not much room to play with. So yes, it can be a bear, especially if the screws have any rust, as they are a small size socket head, and fine thread.