gots me a gtp... new problems haha

89GP_SE

so i bought myself a 97 GTP. Got a good deal on it needs a couple little things but nothing majar.

couple things however are confusing me. My fog lights dont work, fuses and relays are good, and i replaced the bulbs with new ones. lights were on lowbeams and the fog light switch turns on but I get nothing.

the washer fluid level light is on, even though the resivoir is full

the coolant level light comes on every once in a while, again everything is full and nothing is leaking (LIM or head gaskets)

also i tried searching but cannot find a thread on how to program a keyless entry remote for this car, i can find first gen write ups but nothing for second gens. ( i got an extra remote from another 97 gp)

Well the coolant, and washer level are likley dirty sensors, its very common. And for the key fob, a quick stroll in search land will do wonders. I know there's a link on this site because i used it to do mine. Somthing like put the key in and out 3 times then hold the lock button, i can't remember.

Wow, i need to look out in the woods. Did someone sell you my GTP? :lol:

I always assumed the foglights were one of the switches. If i wanted to fix mine, i'd bypass the switch. Maybe you could test them that way.

I got used to the dash lights being on. My dash looks like the bridge on the Enterprise. :) Everything on but the "check engine". But yeah, check/clean the sending units of both.

definately sounds like dirty sensors for the washer fluid and coolant. As for the fogs.....try putting in a new switch....you can pick one up cheap at a local yard. It's not hard to replace at all. Just have to take the dash bezel off. (takes 5 minutes) If that doesnt work.... try cleaning the connectors to the fog lights themselves.