DRL change-up on 04 Monte

W30post

Guys, it has been a while since have been on. I have searched and found discussions on disabling the DRL feature on my car but that is not my intent. I would simply like to move the DRL to another feature set. Ultimately, I would like the front parking lights to be the feature. There is a separate fuse for front and rear parking lights so I think this is possible. I can easily access the front FOGs with this modification in the fuse/relay panel by the battery but that is a last resort. I want the parking lights because it will look mean on a black on black car.

Anyone done this? Anyone tried?

Thanks for the thougths,

Edited by W30post

It might be of some help to look at the wiring diagram from a regal/century (or even a 97-04 U body van for that matter) since their DRLs ran through the front turn signals.

So I got a schematic of the DRL and I got to tell you what a cluster F that is. They run battery through both High Beam bulbs for the lower power current path to ground. Then they switch over to each being tied to battery for true high beam.

Short of this is, there is not a real easy way to get where I want to go. I migth abandon this in the early stages. I have some TA drawings I need to review before I give it up.'

Thanks GM for not just haveing a PWM'd signal to the headligths that I could cheat over in software.