How bad of an idea is a free 91 GPSE?

White93z34

So I got to talking to a guy I work with when he saw my SBX TGP at work and mentioned he had a old grand prix he didn't want anymore and offered it to me for free. Said he quit driving it when the battery went dead and he could not get the hood open due to a busted cable or something. He finally got around to emailing me some pictures and here is what he sent me:

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

Seems pretty well equiped. Most likely a 3.1 car, but sunroof console shift premium audio are all nice touches. I have a bunch of stuff that would be perfect on it too.

But we all know a FREE car is never a free car.... hmm.

If you decide you dont want it, I would be willing to take it for my friend... He is looking for a car that needs some work... It looks like it would be a nice first car for him... If you can get it started and running, he can pay you for your time if it comes down to it...

There is NOTHING free in this world. If you take this car from someone, especially a co-worker, you will be in for more then you think. The next time this guy needs anything at all, he will look at you for it and say....well... i did just give you a car for FREE. And there is also the possibility of it causing issues in the workplace with the 2 of you. Is that something you want to have happen? You are a grown man so you can make your own decisions, but i just wanted to put that out there for you, i have seen this type of thing happen before ( free 4-wheeler) where one of the people had issues with the other because they wouldn't help them move or something and it caused all kinds of drama in the workplace, to the point where they were both fired over it.

Id take it. it looks like the guy wants it gone more then anything. There are people out there not in it for the money, Ask ANYONE. if i have something someone needs, ill normally sell it for a VERY cheap price Or free.

DO IT. That looks really solid! Some people think cars are a huge headache when really it's a lot of small things, IE my Cutlass. It was really not a huge deal to get it running properly, just a couple of small niggling problems that didn't cost money, just time.

Take it! If it doesn't have a ton of shit wrong with it, it would probably make a pretty nice daily driver for a small amount of money invested.

EDIT: First thing to do to it = ditch that spare tire sized steering wheel cover!

Yeah. I may take him up on that provided its not a total rot box. I even have a good bit of upgrades for it in my stash of car parts already.

First thing I'd have to do is ditch those fugly base model tails for the ste/94-96 style lightbar ones. Then maybe HUD, DIC. etc.

I may just drydock the bonneville for awhile if its good enough.

You should lowball offer him.....

"Yeah I'll take it, but you're going to have to buy me lunch first. No, not fucking McDonalds. It's gotta be at least like TGIF's or something."

"Yeah I'll take it, but you're going to have to buy me lunch first. No, not fucking McDonalds. It's gotta be at least like TGIF's or something."

Can we make it Mendy's? I think I'm gonna get the soup though...

Heck, looks like a good deal to me.

Can we make it Mendy's? I think I'm gonna get the soup though...

WIN!

do it chris. for a daily...what kind of mileage should the 3.1's get? Mine gets up to 22.3 mpgs doing mostly 75 with the AC on...3 speed with no torque converter lockup...is that bad?

Free is free. If it runs and drives, do it.

However, I'm going to tell you this as I have told you this on many of your other SBX's: Don't put any money into it. It's a FWD 4 door early 90's GM vehicle, it's not worth fixing up.

Free is free. If it runs and drives, do it.

However, I'm going to tell you this as I have told you this on many of your other SBX's: Don't put any money into it. It's a FWD 4 door early 90's GM vehicle, it's not worth fixing up.

I hear if its in good shape, Slap a Cd player in it (factory) And Upgrade the tails to base models, It can Be a "Show car"