folded in front end

blakngold4life

Dropped my car off to be inspected today, turns out I have two bad tie rods, and the door handle doesn't work (didnt know you could fail for that). Decided I would pick up the car, they could reject it and I would fix it next week. Paid the inspection fee and ran some errends with my dad, planning on picking the car up later and not taking two into town. Got to the car and this is what I find, they had pulled the car up to far into a bank. I didnt move it, just called the shop owner and told him I would leave the keys and they could look at it, what can you tell from the pics? (cell phone pics, so not the best). I'll take more of any actual damage when I get it back and look at it better, off the bank.

IMAGE_014.jpg

IMAGE_013.jpg

IMAGE_012.jpg

did you not tell them that they needed to move it from the bank? I'm thinking the longer it sits pressed in like that, the more potential for damage. did you see if the paint was spiderwebbed?

I'm in Charlottesville right now, moving back to Richmond next week. I've always gone to this place and they have never done me wrong so I'm sure they will do whatever they can to get it fixed correctly, probably have to replace the front ground effects though. I didn't notice any spiderwebing in the paint but couldn't get a good look with out moving it. I've had so much crap run down hill on me lately I have gotten really good at keeping calm and just laughing it off. I'll update as I find out more.

the shop did a decent job fixing it, not perfect but not noticeable except to me. checked the tie rod that was supposed to have bad inner and outer ends, no play in them what so ever, even had another mechanic friend check it out and he said they where fine as well. Its weird the shop would try to treat us like this, my dad knew the guy who owns it in school, when we bring the vettes in they pull them into the garage immediately, the owner lets me in the back of the shop and shows me anything cool they have whenever i come in, and they know we fix whatever is the problem on our own so they wouldn't gain anything by telling us a part is bad when its not.

You just don't do that to a customers car regardless of who it is. Hopefully a few hot days will let the urethane flex back into place to make it invisible. I'd be fuming regardless.