Take clutch pedal out

meltboy1

36 people checkin thread and nodoby knows an easy way to get this thing out, I don't want to have to rip the whole dash apart, but I can't see a way to get on the bolt.

It is held on with a nut and bolt. iirc is is either 15mm both, or 13 and 15.

read this thread:

http://www.w-body.com/showthread.php/22155-My-GTP-1994-manual-swap..-more-pics...-%28warning-56K%29/page3

you can se images of what you are looking for. I have removes the pedal, without removing the bracket, but I think you need a wrench to hols the bolt...

omg that looks tough... I see myself getting it out, but I think when it goes in the TGP i'm gona have to remove the dash and steering to get it back in there... >< Glad this car is going to the yard, so I don't have to be gentle getting it out, thanks for that link

yeah. Getting the whole brace out was a royal pain in the arse. And I did it in a junkyard car, so I didn't worry about breaking anything I didn't need. Took me a couple hours to figure it out.

I've pulled that brace on maybe 2 dozen cars. not THAT bad... the worst was the 96 buick I helped Bob pull a dash from, cause the top bolt was in backwards, which means the bolt could not be pushed out as it contacts the firewall.

If you are already have the dash pulled, you have 2 nuts and 2 bolts in the square holes at the top, 2 bolts on the left, 1 on the right, and then the bastard is the final bolt that goes through the brake pedal at the top. For the top bolt you have to hold the nut which should be on the left with one ratchet and turn the bolt head on the right with another ratchet. othersiw disconnect all wires and the brake pedal and clutch pedal. out is comes.

ok ya, I think with as bad as my back is though, I can't be underneath the dash like that, I might have to remove the whole dash and do it that way... thanks for the info.

• 2 weeks later...

lol well I got the damn thing out finally, and I figure when I do the swap on my tgp, I'll try to put that in first since thats the biggest pain in the butt..lol