Problems to look for in higher mileage 02 Monte?

supreme_style21

I've been emailing with someone who is interested in trading an 02 Monte Carlo LS with 152k on it for my 98 Camaro with 117k on it.

I'm normally afraid of higher mileage like that, but it sounds like it's been a long distance highway cruiser. I haven't looked at the car in person yet. Wanted to see what some common things were to look for with the Montes before I make the trip to check this one out.

I've been reading that the most common things (or most expensive to deal with) are some valve body in the transmission that sticks, electrical problems with flickering headlights and a clunking in the steering knuckle.

Is the clunking something that can be safely ignored? That is, if this one has it.

Do the trans problems show themselves all the time? Sporadically? After warm-up?

The headlight issue, is this sporadic? I've read that this one most often requires the BCM to be replaced.

Eh it doesn't matter now.. I just traded the Camaro off for a Grand Am. Yep.. movin up in the world.;)

should have stuck with the Blazer/Tahoe/Yukon/whatever it was that you had..... :lol: